Wednesday, January 2, 2013


WE.DID.IT

September 23, 2012 my girlfriends and I completed something that I never thought possible. The other girls might have KNOWN that they could but ME?? Nope, sure wasn't sure! But on this day I completed my first Susan G. Komen Race for Cure! 5K...3.16 miles...running!!!

I trained for this day for about 6 months! Did I train hard? No, not as hard as I should have but I did train. I did the C25K app for about 12 weeks I guess, repeating weeks and days as needed, then off and on worked on my own.

IT.WAS.RACE.DAY.

We were all used to doing the 5 minute warm up walk but this wasn't the option for today! Instead we did some Zumba...check us out!


It's hard to express how I felt when that race started! Nervous is one of the biggest emotions and then following that was fear that I wouldn't run the whole time. Fear that I would have quit and been embarassed that I didn't finish. I knew I could walk it easy but I wanted to run! So begins the race...


Mile one was a piece of cake! There was a christian band along the route and a cool breeze so we were good. I didn't have a photographer for this part of the race so no picture! Booooo!!!

Mile two on the other hand kicked my &%$...If not for this girl right here I would have quit. Without a doubt, I would have quit and walked the rest of the way and considered myself a failure BUT she was beside me!! Rachel Coburn was my saviour that day!!! Go Rachel Go!


Once i realized we were getting close my second wind kicked in and I was good to go!! Thank God for the two water stations along the way...that water was so refreshing. The first little cup went everywhere but in my mouth. I had time to decide that if I squeezed the cup into a little V at the top I could dump it in and go and that worked much better at the second water station. It was down in one GULP!

Here we are in the last leg of the race...

Coming across that finish line still running was the best feeling ever! I was so excited that I missed my sweet little boy and my hubby waving at me!!! I forgot to look at my time on the timer thingy at the end. Luckily my great little photographer captured the moment!! She was the best!!


Here are just a few more random shots...Emilee ran with me!

Alyssa photographed the event...my sweet hubby was there with Jase and the rest of my girls were there of course!! Not too forget some of the boys that ran :)




It was a good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment