Friday, July 20, 2012




The day was July 19, 2012. It was the day that I became "More than a conqueror!" in the C25K world. I jogged for 20 minutes straight. It was like nothing I have ever done before. I knew that I could do it and I did. Was I anxious? YES! But at the same time I was so determined that I would succeed that there was no turning back.

I kept looking at my phone trying to see how far I had gone. The first time I looked I had gone for 6 minutes and was shocked that I had gone that long. I loved that Emilee and I were joking and laughing about this run THE WHOLE 6 MINUTES.

The next time I looked at the phone...12 minutes!! REALLY? Holy running shoes folks! I had been jogging for 12 minutes!! I had this in the bag until THE HILL STRIKES BACK! The hill struck and I panicked but only for 10 steps and I was back at it.

When my sweet Emilee started the countdown it felt like pure exhileration!!

30, 29 ,28 ,27 ,26 , 25 I started fist pumping like those fools from Jersey Shore!!

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 I was praising God and dancing to the finish!!!!

I don't think I have yelled that loud in a long time and there was my sweet Emilee right there beside me cheering me on! She was yelling as loud as me!

The moment she looked at me and gave me a high five followed by the "I am proud of you mom" I felt like I could have fought Superman and kicked his "bleep"...

We came on home for some H2O cause it was HOT!!

You know they say that girls glisten when they get hot?? This girl was SWEATIN'...I don't mean I was perspiring. I. WAS. SWEATIN.

I earned that sweat! I was proud of that sweat. I will sweat that way again.

My next goal? 25 minutes!!

I WILL DO THIS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment