Monday, July 9, 2012


Today is July 9, 2012 and I just completed Week 3 day 3 of C25K while talking to the hubby! That's right! I was talking the entire time. Of course, he says that I should speed up. That sentence changed my mind. That sentence changed my thinking.
THAT SENTENCE CHANGED MY RUN.

That sentence made me stop and realize that NO, I shouldn't speed up to be like him. I should go at MY pace. Do what I am comfortable with. This is my race.

I honestly feel like I could have done the 5 minute jog today. I didn't give it my all. I gave just enough to get me through. Tomorrow will be different.

I am learning to compete with MYSELF. I will no longer wonder why the other members of my team are doing so much better than me. I will be proud of where I am. I will push myself to run harder when the time comes.

But right now, with a slower pace and the grace of God, I will continue to improve!

Today was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment